This class covers:
- The mentality of Arjuna at the beginning of the third chapter. The psychological nature of the human mind when confusion starts where one just begins looking for problems despite the solutions being presented.
- Why confusion has arisen in Arjuna's mind: the path of wisdom and the path of action spoken about in the second chapter. Why Arjuna uses the word iva a lot. The meanings of the name Arjuna and the meanings of the Lord's name Janardhana.
- A look at ancient Western history. A study of Homer, Pythagoras, Dionysus, Epiculous, Christ, Catholicism and Protestantism.
- A look at ancient Eastern history. A study of the ashram system, the age of the Upanishads, the karmakaandh period, the time of the Gita, Buddha and Mahavir, Shirmad Adi Shankracharya, Pushti Maarg and modern-day Saints.
- What decisions should we make in life? The difference between what is right and what is pleasurable, and how you can tell the difference between the two. Professor Radhakrishnan's explanation of the two and a description of their consequences.
Chapter 3 verse 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8qfNlZp2kE
Chapter 3 verse 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mYGRYCdkj4
Chapter 3 introduction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGbrZh1H-do