This class covers:
Chapter 3 verse 7: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_ZluIsYayc
- William Wordsworth's explanation for why one cannot go for a second without acting.
- An introduction to the threefold modes of nature (goodness, passion and dullness). Ramakrishnaji's famous example of the prince and three thieves.
- How the industrial revolution led to instability and worries piling up in people's minds.
- Why suppression is a mistake: a study of Freud, Schweitzer and Marx. The example of a padlocked house burning.
- What are the reasons for hypocricy? The fundamental differences between hypocrites and principled people.
- How to end hypocricy and how to make the mind and the body steady: an explanation of the schools of Hatha Yoga and Raja Yoga.
- How negativism does not work with the mind. Kuwe's law of reverse effect in the field of psychology. The example of a cyclist and a rock.
- How to control the senses with the mind. The famous example in the Katho Upanishad of the senses as horses and the mind as a charioteer.
Chapter 3 verse 6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTsOhswCjUw
Chapter 3 verse 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-2_1VMvrMI