This class covers:
Chapter 3 verse 24: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is7DGutE5BA
- Why Gandhiji gave so much importance to the principle of non-attachment in his interpretation of the Gita.
- A study of Daruma dolls kept by Zen monks in Japan and what they teach us about non-attachment.
- The example of Janak, who lived in a palace with servants yet demonstrated non-attachment to a Samnyaasin who had given up the world completely.
- The meaning of the principle of lokasamgraham (maintainence of the world) according to the Mahabharata and the Atharva Veda. A study of the missions that Rishis used to give their pupils when departing from the hermitages in the Taittreiya Upanishad.
- Uma Shankar demonstrates what happens when you milk the world dry. Why social security was introduced during the industrial revolution.
- Role models and the identity crisis for youths. The various role models for people throughout history and what has happened to youths now that the role models are film stars instead of great personalities. A study of history of Gandhiji's Satyagraha.
- Why God works even though he has no reason to work.
- Explanation of the varna system (not the caste system). How can you tell if you are a Brahmin, a Kshatriya, a Vaishya or a Sudra. The four types (not levels) fully explained.