This class covers:
- Why there is no need to change your work from the outside but from the inside. The differences in the reasons for acting between a good person and a bad person. The reasons why a good person should get married and have children.
- A study of the Navkar mantra of Jainism and the meaning of the word Acharya.
- An explanation of the three modes of nature and the 26 departments of the modes. How all actions are created out of these modes.
- The qualities of the modes: how the Zen Saint Rinjay reacted upon being attacked by someone.
- The story of Buddha's last moments, first with Chand the blacksmith and second with his discplies. How Buddha's brother and disciple Anand attained Nirvana after the death of Buddha.
- The mistakes made by the thinker Krishnamurti in telling people to stop reading scriptures and the effects that his mistakes had on society.
- The benefits of being free from egotism. The advice given by a Saint to an elderly woman in USA and the incredible effect this had in the woman's life.
Chapter 3 verse 30: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mw1eL1wxcE
Chapter 3 verse 29:
Chapter 3 verse 28:
Chapter 3 verse 27:
Chapter 3 verse 26:
Chapter 3 verse 25: