This class covers:
Chapter 1 verse 31: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFO3skMaxuw
- The conquest of sleep by Gudakesh (the name used to address Arjuna) and others in history such as Napoleon, and the answers to frequently asked questions about solving the issue of sleep.
- The humanity of wars in ancient times vs modern wars, the sensitivity of a soldier and the effects of the dropping of the atomic bombs in Hiroshima and Nagasaki for both the victims and the attackers.
- The nature of thoughts and the three levels of people: thoughtlessness (the level of animals, represented by Duryodhana), thoughtfulness (the level of human beings, represented by Arjuna) and thoughtfreeness (the level above human beings, represented by Shree Krushna)
- The psychology of happiness and explanation the three schools that were created to and that exist solely to make people happy: science, politics and religion.
- Samjaya's speech to the Pandavas before the war: the people who have put doubt in your minds, the effect that this has had on you until now, how to dispel these doubts and how to recognise these people in the future.